Improve Mental Health and Well-Being
Ensure every individual realizes his or her own potential and build resilient and trauma-informed communities.
Our 4 Community Impact Areas are designed to deliver positive lasting change by bringing together a network of organizations, businesses and individuals to share resources and engage in results-driven Collective Impact Work.
Improve Mental Health & Well-Being through...
- Community Outreach, Education and Awareness
- Crisis Intervention
- Access to Coordinated Services
- Awareness and Support for Survivors of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking
Improve Mental Health & Well-Being by...
Improve Mental Health & Well-Being because...
- MT has consistently ranked in the top 5 states for suicide rates per capita for over 40 years. MT rates are double the national average. It is the 2nd leading cause of death for ages 13 to 45 years.
- MT ranks 2nd for alcohol related deaths.
- 1 in 4 people will experience mental illness during their lifetime.
- MT ranks 47th out of 50 states for Health. Indicators include low-birth weight babies; children without health insurance; child and teen deaths, and; teens who abuse drugs or alcohol.
- 93% of persons with a substance abuse disorder are not receiving treatment.
- All 56 counties in Montana designated behavioral health as a top priority.
- MT ranks 14th for Family and Community. Indicators include children in single parent families; children in families where head of household lacks high school diploma, and; children living in high-poverty areas, and teen births.
- MT ranks 47th for children living apart from their parents (in foster care). 130% increase in foster care placements and 60% are due to drug and alcohol abuse/addiction.
- MT ranks 33rd for Long Term Care and 34th for Health based on the World Health Organization's definition of health, "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
We believe there is no problem that we can't solve together. Join us to make change.
Donate today to Greater Gallatin United Way.