GIVE BIG Gallatin Valley to Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK Afterschool Program
May 3rd, 6 pm to May 4th, 6 pm, 2018
Parents, children, schools and employers depend on kidsLINK Afterschool, a flagship program of Greater Gallatin United Way (GGUW). kidsLINK Afterschool relies on generous donors, as well as federal, state and private grants. Please support this vital program that serves over 1,600 children everyday, ensuring no child has to be alone afterschool. kidsLINK Brochure
NO CHILD ALONE AFTERSCHOOL - BUSINESS MATCH SPONSORS - YOU DONATION IS DOUBLED!
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) kidsLINK Afterschool Page and Messaging
- Link to kidsLINK Afterschool Youtube video https://youtu.be/F2CGG2yPAHE
- More coming - Check back on May 3rd!
ABOUT Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK Afterschool Program
For over 20-years Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK Afterschool has demonstrated a history of excellence in providing out-of-school-time programming for children. kidsLINK was established in 1997 in Three Forks, MT in response to a community needs assessment identifying afterschool programming as a critical need; keeping children safe while parents finished their work day. By 2000, other rural school districts were pleading for afterschool programs. Greater Gallatin United Way submitted their first grant proposal to Mountain Sky Guest Ranch Foundation. Awarded funds helped expand afterschool programs to other rural communities, including Anderson, Monforton, West Yellowstone, Manhattan, Gardiner, Big Sky, Belgrade and Bozeman.
Today, kidsLINK Afterschool enrolls over 3,400 children annually and operates in 29 school-based/linked locations across 4 counties. The program serves over 1,600 children every day. The success of kidsLINK Afterschool is the result of strong partnerships with schools, school districts, Montana State University, Gallatin County 4-H and many other local organizations.
kidsLINK needs you! Your GIVE BIG donation will help to ensure Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK Afterschool Program:
- continues to grow with our communities
- remains affordable for so that no child has to be home alone afterschool
- provides tutoring and homework support to promote academic success
- offers engaging educational enrichment activities to spark student’s passion
- provides physical activities to strengthen student well-being and life-long fitness
- provides quality professional development for staff to help foster student’s mental and emotional well-being
- staff to child ratio remains appropriate for a safer more engaging program
- offers healthy snacks to bridge the gap between school lunch and dinner to keep kids feeling good