Child & Youth Success: Ensuring children have a strong start and a strong foundation for success in school, work and life.
Dolly Parton's Impagination Library (DPIL) is a book gifting program that mails free, high-quality books to children from birth to 5 years. DPIL is one strategy we utilize to ensure children enter kindergarten ready to learn and are reading at or above grade level by the end of third grade. Reading to toddlers sets the foundation for later independent reading. Reading problems can be challenging to fix when discovered in elementary school. But many reading problems can be prevented if reading starts in the toddler and preschool years.
A few facts...
- 37% of children entering kindergarten in Bozeman School District #7 are not ready to learn and that number remains consistent for reading at grade level by the end of 3rd grade (2015-16 K STAR Assessment).
- 80% of youth's waking hours are spent outside of the school day (MT Afterschool Alliance 2018).
Enroll your child today (currently must reside in Gallatin County).
Donate to help ensure children have a strong start and a strong foundation for success in school, work and life.
We need help to grow and expand the program to Park, Meagher and Madison Counties.
The program is entirely funded by donations. Generous startup funds were provided to launch the program for residents of 59715 and 59718. Let's expand the program together!
Logistics Support Provided By:
Results and Impact Articles
- Indianola, MS - DPIL Impact Report
- Onondaga, NY - DPIL Executive Summary
- Reading Psycchology Journal - Syracuse, NY DPIL Peer Review
- Knox County, TN - DPIL 3rd Grade Follow-Up Study
- TN - Meta Analysis Report