Your Volunteer Resource
www.VolunteerMT.org is a free central online volunteer resource for all 501c3 organizations and community members.
- Provides a central resource for non-profit organizations and volunteers
- Connects people to quality opportunities to serve
- Builds capacity for local volunteering
- Raises awareness of the value volunteers bring to our communities
- Mobilizes volunteers to effectively and efficiently meet local needs
Individuals wanting to volunteer Click Here - Volunteer
"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
Non-profits wanting to connect with volunteers Click Here - Non-Profit
Businesses interested in an Employee Day of Service Click Here - Corporate Day of Service Request Form
We are committed to engaging businesses to make an impact in our community through corporate volunteerism. We can help arrange you company's Day of Service - - A great way to engage your staff is with a team-building community project.
Instructions for non-profit organizations:
- Go to www.VolunteerMT.org
- On the Home Page, under the search bar, you'll see the question, "Do you represent an agency?"
- Click the link "Learn what Get Connected can do for you"
- Complete registration form & click "Request Account" button
Note: The email address you provide is will be associated with the primary agency manager unless otherwise specified.
Additional Training Videos:
- Shortened version of full training
- Editing an Agency Profile
- Posting needs and events
- Time tracking and Stats tab
- Check-in Feature
Tips for non-profits:
- Add a “Volunteer” page, button or link to your website
- Share profile, needs & volunteer opportunities & events via eNews, social media, RSS feeds
- Post events, recruit volunteers & invite attendees, manage RSVPs
- Reach mobile users
- Display photo images of volunteers & events
- Create “fans” - automatically notified of profile and opportunity updates
- Manage volunteer contacts, keep volunteers informed, manage volunteer hours
More questions? Contact Marjorie@greatergallatinunitedway.org
2016 Volunteer Highlights
During the summer and fall of 2016, GGUW staff worked closely with schools, as well as non-profit and governmental agencies in Park County to strengthen the volunteer capacity in those communities. Many groups have mobilized to create a collective effort to support mental wellness and prevent suicide in the Livingston area. There has been an increase in outreach and awareness events requiring volunteer support. GGUW has provided our VolunteerMT.org platform, training for agencies on using and marketing this volunteer recruitment and management system.
GGUW partnered with the American Red Cross of Montana for a Day of Caring event. We installed smoke alarms in high-fire-risk homes in Bozeman and Belgrade on October 1st 2016. We helped recruit and support 26 volunteers install 54 smoke alarms for mostly seniors living in mobile homes. It was a wonderful fall day for volunteering - but it was our warm reception into people’s homes and their appreciation for the new alarms that made it feel truly like a “Day of Caring.” We are exploring the possibility of expanding this volunteer installation program into other communities such as Three Forks and Manhattan in 2017.
We Couldn’t Do All This Without YOU! Thank you for your commitment to improving lives in this region of Montana. As we see the needs in our community rise, your investments into GGUW and others in this area is deeply heartening.