III. Senior Stability Community Impact Area
Promoting healthy aging.
Our 4 Community Impact Areas are designed to deliver positive lasting change by bringing together a network of organizations, businesses and individuals to share resources and engage in results-driven Collective Impact Work.
Strategies to ensure Senior Stability and Healthy Aging:
- Enhance senior mental and physical well-being
- Help seniors remain independent as long as possible
- Promote end-of-life education and support for seniors and care givers
- MT ranks 33rd for long-term care and 34th for health.
- 15% of the population of MT are seniors.
- 30% of seniors living in MT live alone.
- 7% of MT senior households have an annual income of less than $10k and 26% less than $20k.
- 21% of MT residents age 60 and over received food stamps in the last year.
- The average Social Security Income in MT is $16,653/year .
- The median household income for a MT senior is $34,580.
- There are 27,098 working seniors in Montana.
We believe there is no problem that we can't solve together. Join us to make change.
Donate today to Greater Gallatin United Way.