There’s something special happening here.
Greater Gallatin United Way is creating long-term change by harnessing the power of nonprofits, government, corporations, and thousands of individuals to work together and solve the most difficult problems we face as a community.
As a leader in collective impact-driven work, we address the human service needs of Gallatin, Madison, Meagher and Park Counties by generating a united effort to work collectively through a common agenda. Our work is comprised of the following initiatives:
- Community Investment/Impact Funds raised in GGUW's annual fundraising campaign are invested into local programs aimed at combating poverty and supporting education and health initiatives.
- GGUW kidsLINK Afterschool A GGUW initiative established in 1997 in response to an identified need in our rural communities; to keep children safe while their parents finished their work day. Today, this school-based/linked program operates in 29 locations across 4 counties and serves over 1,611 children every day.
- Montana Afterschool Alliance (MTAA) GGUW helped spearhead a statewide initiative for out-of-school time programming. Today, GGUW is the fiscal agent for MTAA, which is an established statewide network of key stakeholders who champion for quality, accountability, sustainability, and success of all out-of-school time programs in Montana.
- Gallatin Early Childhood Community Council (ECCC) and MT Project LAUNCH Initiative GGUW serves as the convener and fiscal agent for ECCC, which is a community-wide collaborative effort providing leadership to community partners. The goal is to create efficient, effective and comprehensive system of early childhood services in the Greater Gallatin area to ensure that every child has a healthy and enriched beginning.
- Volunteermt.org A GGUW initiative to build volunteer engagement by providing a central resource for non-profit organizations to share quality volunteer opportunities with community members. The goals are to build the capacity for local volunteering, raise awareness of the value volunteers bring to our communities, and to mobilize volunteers to effectively and efficiently meet local needs.
Through a UNITED effort, redundancy is reduced and each partner's contribution multiplies to deliver greater results for the community .